Logitech G9x Review by Nathan Vansyckel
Voted the best gaming mouse by the popular magazine PC Gamer, the Logitech G9x is a crowd favorite, and for good reason. Not only is the G9x one of the best performing mice on the market, it is also the most customizable. This mouse is ideal for the experienced gamer as well as the novice.
Both a wide load and precision grip come stock with the Logitech G9x, and their are several other grips also available. These different grips help keep the G9x comfortable for gamers with their own specific tastes. The The precision grip is aimed at more twitchy, fingertip gamers, while the wide load grip is for those who prefer more comfort and a fuller feel.
The Logitech G9x Laser Mouse features a 5000 DPI next generation laser engine coupled with on the fly adjustable DPI. Their motto, “Precision at any hand speed” rings true for gamers with a range of different playing styles.
Here’s a good video review of the Logitech G9x:
Take a look at what other users of the Logitech G9x have to say:
“The G9x is an upgrade to my previous mouse, a cordless MX. No matter what other people say about wireless being ok for gaming, I really don’t like it. Too much lag with a wireless mouse to be really serious about my gaming. The Logitech G9x is the most customizable and most sensitive mouse I’ve ever owned.
Everything about this mouse can be customized. The two customizable features that I find most important are the grips and the weight. I enjoy playing with the precision grip and 16 grams of extra weight. With the G9x you can add 28 grams of extra weight thanks to a neat weight cartridge near the base of the mouse.
Windows 7 picked up the drivers quickly and I had the software for this mouse installed in just a few minutes. My favorite Games like Half Life 2 and Call of Duty feel so much more satisfying with the G9x. Well worth the price.”
- 2 interchangeable grips (precision and wide load)
- Tracking Resolution: 200 – 5000 dpi
- Weight Tuning System – 28 grams of additional weight
- On-board memory/Store 5 different macro profiles
- Image processing: 9 megapixels/second
- Custom color LED display colors
- Max. acceleration: 30G
- Max. speed: Up to 150 inches (3.81 m)/second*
- Responsiveness USB data format: 16 bits/axis
- USB report rate: Up to 1000 reports/second
- Static coefficient of friction – Mu (s) .14** Tuning weight: Up to 28 grams
- Durability Buttons (Left/Right): 8 million clicks
- Feet: 250 kilometers
- System Requirements PC: Windows® XP, Windows Vista® USB port
Overall, the Logitech G9x Laser Mouse is a great piece of equipment. With it’s next generation 5000 DPI laser engine and all of its customizable features, the G9x is a force to be reckoned with. Adjust the DPI, grip, weight, and color of this mouse to make it match your playing style and visual preference.